Recipe for the Best Cookie…Ever
So this originated from a basic oatmeal cookie recipe but after doctoring it up, plus a couple trial and error batches I think I’ve got a pretty solid recipe for a cookie that is not only delicious but also healthy.
2 cups oat flour (don’t purchase separately from your regular rolled oats if you have a food processor, just pulse the oats in the processor for 30 seconds to get a flour)
¾ cup regular rolled oats (not instant!!)
1 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
1 cup coconut oil
¾ cup sugar, (I use either raw cane sugar or coconut sugar)
1 tbsp. vanilla
½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
½ cup coconut flakes
½ cup chocolate chips
- Cream the oil & sugar in a mixer or with a whisk
- Add the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla
- Combine the dry ingredients separately
- Slowly mix the dry into the wet
- Very Important step! Make sure you freeze the cookies for a couple hours before you bake, because they are made with coconut oil they will just melt into a puddle of a cookie if not baked from frozen.
- Take out of the freezer and onto a tray, bake for 15 minutes at 375.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and then enjoy!