Oxygen Costa Rica Yoga Retreats – Because You Deserve It!!
Tierra de Sueños is nestled in the jungle right next to the best beaches in Costa Rica. The center is just outside the resort town of Puerto Viejo on the Caribbean side with typical warm and turquoise Caribbean beaches.
Monkeys, toucans, sloths and other wildlife inhabit the area and are seen overhead. There is infrared sauna, massage and yoga on site. You can experience the quiet and refreshing area around the retreat center OR you can go into Puerto Viejo for an active nightlife.
When you arrive on site, you will feel rejuvenated and refreshed. You will immediately relax and forget the stress and worries back home. Our staff will be on site and will have fresh coconut smoothies and other fruits in season from the local area.
Meet Giovanni, our head chef, who is of Jamaican origin, but native Costa Rican. Giovanni enjoys going out to the nearby land, climbing coconut trees, and retrieving fresh coconut for your breakfast in the morning.
Dr. Greg Damato has a Ph.D. and has extensive knowledge in how food affects the mind and body. He actively promotes raw cacao and chocolate as a healing tool for the body. Dr. Damato will show you exactly what nutrients your body lacks and show you foods that will optimize your health and vitality.
All of the Yoga, Meditation and Fitness classes will be lead by one of our great Oxygen Yoga & Fitness Instructors. They will help lead and guide you ensuring you have one of the best retreat experiences possible!
Optional Wellness Activities on Site:
- Infrared sauna treatments
- Massage – Thai, deep tissue, shiatsu, or aromatherapy
- Cranial sacral therapy
- Spa pampering services
- Damato’s full detox and digital body analysis
Optional Tours and Activities on Site:
- Surfing lessons
- Medicine man tour with native shaman in the jungle from local tribe
- Chocolate tour
- Waterfalls hike
- White water rafting
- Jaguar rescue center
- Jungle hike
- And much more!!
- Weather – The best time to visit Costa Rica is Feb – Apr. However, temperatures are great year round. And even in other months you will still get lots of sun mixed with some rain.
- Bungalows – Our bungalows are open air with no air conditioning needed as temperatures stay between 23-31 degrees year round.
- Food – Our food is mostly However, we have organic options and meat available – just let us know beforehand if you need meat and would prefer to have it.
- Food Allergies – If you have any food allergies, please let us know beforehand so we can plan!
- Drive from airport – If you are going to any beach in Costa Rica, then you can expect at least a 3-5 hour drive to get there. We will have a group shuttle that will pick you up from the San Jose airport at 2 pm. We will stop along the way in the cloud forest and you will arrive at the bungalows at 7 pm after a stunningly beautiful drive through the cloud forest and along the beach.
- Beaches – Being “on the beach” in Costa Rica means 150 ft away from the beach as there are no buildings permitted within 150 ft of the beach. That being said, our bungalows are as close to the beach as you can get.
Beaches in the Area
The Caribbean side of Costa Rica is host to some of the most beautiful rock free beaches in all of Costa Rica. At our location you have the choice of the a variety of beaches for whatever you heart desires, surfing, jumping the waves, relaxation, stand up paddle and more…
- Playa Negra – entrance of Puerto Viejo. This is where surf training and beginning surfers practice.
- Coccles – In Coccles just 5 minutes past Puerto Viejo.
- The main beach Salsa Brava – This is the competition wave area for extremely experienced surfers.
- Playa Chiquita – This is across the street form us and has a beautiful private beach area. Tan, swim or do your morning walk or yoga on the beach.
- Punta Uva – One of Costa Rica’s most famous beaches and only 2 minutes from us!
- Manzanilla – 10 minutes from us. This is the calm beach and excellent for young families with children.
Weather and temperature?
The local temperature is 80-85 degrees (28 C) year around. The climate has often been called a “micro-climate”, implying that the variable factors affecting this region are independent from the rest of the neighboring areas.
This region shares very little in common with the rest of the country’s weather cycles and prognostication, as the rainy season is often blessed with several weeks of dry, hot and sunny days, while tropical showers can be experienced during the summer season.
The best time to travel to Costa Rica is late November through April. If you are looking for great weather, you are almost guaranteed sunny skies and rain-free days. However, this is also high tourism season so plan on paying more for everything. From May through August, expect clear skies in the morning and rain in the afternoon. No matter if it rains or shines there is always so many things to do and see in this beautiful location.
We Hope to see you there!