Transform Your Life & Your Yoga Practice with O2 Vancouver Yoga Teacher Training!
O2 Vancouver Yoga Teacher Training program will guide you, no matter your age or fitness level, to a fuller understanding of the many layer of Yoga. This is the perfect program if you want to teach or just dive deeper into your practice.
This 200-hour O2 Vancouver Teacher Training Program has a bonus 10 hours of teaching practice to ensure that you are ready to put your theories to practice, as you facilitate and guide students through a class. Yes, you will get extra time to train and gain confidence while instructing Karma classes in one of our Oxygen locations.
In this O2 Vancouver Yoga Teacher Training, you will learn:
- Proper alignment, benefits & potential risks of the foundational yoga postures
- Sanskrit names of the postures
- Anatomy and how it applies to each posture
- How to instruct a class into and out of a postures
- Hands on adjustments
- How to sequence a yoga class so that it is safe and effective
- How to observe bodies in postures
- Confidence though many hours of practice teaching
- The art of leading a class
- The history and philosophy of Yoga
- An introduction into subtle body, Chakras, Ayurveda and meditation
- Mudras, Bandhas, and chants
- The business of Yoga
- Oxygen Yoga and Fitness class formatting
- Tools to teach effectively and safely
- CPR certification
You will learn more about yourself and how Yoga can help you in all areas of your life!
This foundational yoga training is designed to give you a transformational experience on a personal level, which will help you to become an effective and sought after instructor. You will gain a deeper understanding of all things yoga. If you want to go deeper into your practice, learn more about yourself and yoga, and learn the details of a safe and effective practice… then this program is for you!
Upon graduation, you will be able to audition for Oxygen Yoga & Fitness with the possibility of gaining employment straight out of training with any of their 17 Vancouver studios, and growing! We have locations in every community in the Lower Mainland. This is a very rare opportunity for new teachers straight out of training and we are happy to offer you continued support after graduation.
O2 Yoga Teacher Training is recognized by the international Yoga Alliance which means you will be certified to teach yoga anywhere in the world. But, we would love to keep you in our Oxygen Family and offer you instructional opportunities, right after graduation!
Graduates will be able to register with Yoga Alliance at the RYT-200 Level. We are also register with the BC Private Career Training Institutions Agency (PCTIA).
O2 Vancouver Yoga Teacher Training Dates — Register Now, spaces are limited.
Winter Full-Time– Oxygen Yoga & Fitness Tsawwassen
February 22nd – April 3rd
Monday – Fridays; including 1 Saturday and 1 Sunday
Winter Part-Time– Oxygen Yoga & Fitness Brentwood (Burnaby)
February 20th – June 19th
Saturdays & Sundays with holiday weekends off
Winter Part-Time – Oxygen Yoga & Fitness Squamish
February 13th – June 19th
Saturdays & Sundays with holiday weekends off
Spring Full-Time – Oxygen Yoga & Fitness Squamish
April 4th – May 13th
Monday – Fridays; including 2 Saturdays
Are you ALREADY a BCRPA Certified Fitness Instructor looking to add Yoga to your resume of certifications? Well we have a great course option for you! Because you can skip a portion of the course since you have already taken it, you can be a part of a condensed course.
***Formats offered above are subject to change based on student enrollment
Please contact your instructor, Christina Raskin, for more information.
Christina Raskin, 500 E-RYT
About your Instructor
Christina started teaching Yoga, Pilates, and fitness classes twelve years ago and has loved it since day one!
After many dance injuries, from a professional dance career, Christina found that Yoga and Pilates were the only tools able to heal her body and prevent further injury.
Since then, she has used Yoga, Pranayama, and Meditation to heal her body, mind, and spirit several times.
Christina took her 200-hour teacher training with YogaWorks and then had the privilege of taking her 300 hour teacher training in India, making her a 500 hour Yoga Alliance certified Instructor. Christina has taught all age ranges in Vinyasa Flow, Power, Yin, Restorative, Core, Hatha, Dance and Pilates.
She truly believes Yoga is for everyone and everybody.
* “I am so pleased that I decided to take my YTT with Oxygen, it was everything I hoped it would be, and more. There was a perfect balance of asana practice, anatomy, pranayama, meditation and philosophy. I had heard that training to become a yoga teacher was life changing but wasn’t sure how until I began the program. Initially I thought I would learn how to teach others but it turned out to be so much more than that. I found a path to a rich and rewarding personal practice. Christina is so passionate about what she is teaching and really helps you to deeply understand the concepts so it can transform your life and touch others as well. Her intention is to help you become the best instructor you can be by diving deep within your own practice, leaving you with a solid foundation and a desire to dive even deeper. This YTT truly inspired me and I would recommend it to anyone who has a passion for yoga! I LOVE MY LIFE!”
— Alex Anderson
* “Christina is one of the best, if not the best, instructor I have ever had the pleasure of learning from – whether inside or outside of the yoga studio! Christina’s passion to share her love of yoga/pilates shines through in every gentle instruction, graceful movement, and powerful pose she presents to the students. Yoga is now an integral part of my lifestyle largely due to the strong foundation developed in every practice that I have learned and will continue to learn from Christina. I look forward to seeing her smiling face and positive outlook before, during, and after each class. Thank you Christina for bringing the best out of me!”
— Francine Hong
* “In September 2014, I made a life changing decision to join Christina Raskin’s YTT at Oxygen. I had NO IDEA the journey I would embark on with my peers & teacher would turn out to be such a fulfilling & beautiful experience. Christina IS THE BEST. She has a lot of experience under her belt as an instructor, is extremely knowledgeable, and has the warmest smile & she’s awesome. Who wouldn’t want an awesome teacher? The YTT was a great mix of asana practice, meditation, philosophy, anatomy, pranayama & discussions. Christina has inspired me in countless positive ways while the YTT taught me the skills I needed to continue my personal practice throughout my life. This program isn’t just for those interested in teaching or yoga, it’s for anyone who wants to accomplish something very fulfilling & healthy. Thank you for believing in all of us when we doubted ourselves, Christina. Thank you for teaching me to be compassionate towards myself. If you ever teach the 500 hour program, sign me up now!”
—Lily J. Miranda
* Testimonial Disclaimer: The fitness testimonials presented apply only to the individuals depicted, cannot be guaranteed, and should not be considered typical. Every testimonial on this site are real, however it must be disclaimed that your individual results may vary.
**Results Disclaimer: Please note we do not guarantee any results in any of our fitness programs and or classes. Results may vary from individual to individual based on lifestyle, fitness level, nutrition and general health of the individual. Health tips and programs contained on this website/ blog does not guarantee that you will achieve desired results or that you will look like images that might be posted on this website/ blog.
Our school and faculty are certified and registered with Yoga Alliance and the BC Private Career Training Institutions Agency (PCTIA).