Top 10 Benefits of O2 Yoga Teacher Training in Vancouver, next session will be held at the Steveston location in Richmond
This week I had a wonderful lady register for our July intensive 200-hr. yoga teacher training program from out of town. She was looking at many different yoga schools in the Vancouver area and she ended up choosing us. Of course I was very honored and she explained that she had done an analysis and we had come out on top for several different reasons. I have heard this before from many different past students of mine and it made me think I should do a blog on the 10 ten benefits of doing your training with O2 Yoga Teacher Training. So here you go!
Top 10 Benefits people are talking about:
- Class length & Schedule– Let’s face it, we are all busy and many people want to do things as quickly as possible. However, in order to really learn something new you must have enough time to dive right into the material and not be rushed. Yoga is such a vast science, with so much to learn, that it really is important that you dedicate yourself and take the time to absorb the material. Many schools these days are short changing their students by shorting the class time and not including many hours with the head instructor. O2 structures our hours in such a way that you not only get enough time one-on-one with the instructor but you can also learn everything completely. We offer part-time, full-time, and intensive course so you can find the right schedule for you.
- Maximum Class Size– Many yoga teacher trainings programs in Vancouver do not have a maximum class size. I’ve heard many trainings having up to 30 – 50 people! We limit our class size to 18 people so that you get plenty of one-on-one time with the instructor and you can all get to know one another, making connections that will last. Also, with to many students it is logistically impossible to offer practice teaching to the students. Which leads me to….
- Lots of practice teaching time, including teaching to the general public. The more you practice, the better you’ll be!
- CPR Certificate– Your certificate is included in the program so once you graduate you’ll be ready to teach!
- Vinyasa/Flow & Power- Our school focuses on the Vinyasa/Flow and Power Yoga style that is mostly taught in North America. It is a mix of the power and strength of Ashtanga Yoga, the alignment and care of Iyengar Yoga, and the modifications and personalization of Desikachar.
- Far Infrared Hot Yoga- We are the only Infrared Hot Yoga studio to offer yoga teacher training in the Vancouver area. The benefits of Far Infrared are vast, including increased circulation, removal of heavy metals and toxins, increase calorie burn, and boosts to the immune system.
- Head Instructor- Christina Raskin is our head instructor and she teaches most of the hours herself. She is a 500-hr. RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher). She has trained in India, in the beautiful Himalayas and YogaWorks from California.
- Employment- We stand by our teacher-training program. We are the only studio in Vancouver that offers possible employment upon successful completion of the program. To date, 100% of our graduates work for Oxygen Yoga & Fitness. We are growing quickly and need teachers, 24 studios, with 3 in Metro Vancouver coming soon!
- Yoga Alliance & PCTIA- Our school is internationally certified with Yoga Alliance, which means you will be certified to teach anywhere in the world. We are also an approved school with the BC Government, through PCTIA, so your tuition is tax deductable.
- Fitness- Not only yoga but fitness routines are also taught to diversify your personal teachings and give you variety to set you apart from the crowd!
Have more questions about O2 Yoga Teacher Training? Please contact our head instructor Christina Raskin as O2YogaTeacherTraining@gmail.com or (better yet!) give her a call 604-307-4331. She would love to chat with you!