Water, how complicated can it be? Let’s put it this way, it can be very complicated. 97% of the world water is salt water and there for undrinkable. There is 2% of the worlds water frozen as glaciers and only 1% of the worlds water is available to us. Water has many functions and without it there wouldn’t be life on this planet. Water not only effects out planet in many ways, it has a big effect on the body as well. The quality of the water can either improve the cells of your body or be toxic. It is considered a luxury to have clean running water at your finger tips.
The human body and a living tree are both made up of 75% water. Most of us don’t even come close to drinking enough water to keep healthy fluids in the body. Most of us are more dehydrated than we think. The average person should drink about 2 letters a day. Most of us probably drink that in coffee per day. Water is the most important part of our living. Without it we would die. Most people take this for granted. Because water is so easily available to some and because water has no flavor some might think its “boring”. So they form a habit of drinking juices, coffee, sodas and alcoholic drinks. All of which can be packed full of sugar and actually dehydrate the body.
- Flush out our digestive system. Water is needed to flush out waste in the form of sweat and urine. If this process is not done regularly, our body collects the waste causing a number of problems. Water is responsible for circulating nutrients in the body, so to obtain proper nutrients form your food and the proper disposal, you must drink water.
- Dehydration can also affect your mood, again because your brain is 75 % water. To think clearer and improve your mood, drinking more water. Proper hydration will help you perform better in athletic performance. Water composes of 75% of our muscle tissue. Drinking water can also relieve joint pain for this same reason. The body relays on water to keep the joints lubricated.
- Drinking a sufficient amount of water can actually prevent cancer. Research says staying hydrated can reduce risk of colon cancer, bladder cancer and possibly reduce breast cancer risk.
- Our skin is the largest organ in our body. More water consumption can improve the quality of your skin. It can aid in building new cells properly and drinking water also helps regulating the body’s temperature through sweating. The reason we sweat is the bodies ways of trying to cool itself.
- Lose weight. When you are not getting enough water throughout the day, hunger is often mistaken for thirst. If you are dehydrated but feel hungry, it is likely that a snack will happening in the near future. Rather than snacking, try to drink water first. This will limit your snacking and thus resulting in weight loss.
Alkaline water vs. Regular water. Alkaline water is used to balance the ph levels in your body. PH is the acidity in your body, so by drinking alkaline water this can help balance those levels. Through this, some research shows that it is can help a number of health issues. Including anti-aging properties, colon-cleansing, immune system support, detoxifying properties, weight loss and cancer resistance. Although this research has been said to be controversial, water is water and drinking any pure, good, clean water is going to benefit you.
If you are active person or not, you still need to feed your body to keep your engine running smoothly. When participating in heated yoga classes, you are not just needing to replenish you are fluids due to the exercising but also because you are losing water and salts through your sweat. Hydrating especially before and after class will give you the result and the performance you want to make your workout. Avoid sports drinks at all cost. This is will be counter productive to what your body needs. With warmer weather upon us it is even more important to stay hydrated. Keep water on you at all times and make sure to fit in your electrolytes. This will also replenish your natural salts and give you the energy to maintain through out the day as well.