What you’ll learn in the O2 Yoga Teacher Training Program….classes start soon, register now as spaces are limited!
O2 Yoga Teacher Training is recognized by the international Yoga Alliance which means you will be certified to teach yoga anywhere in the world. Graduates will be able to register with Yoga Alliance at the RYT-200 Level. We are also register with the BC Private Career Training Institutions Agency (PCTIA). But, we would love to keep you in our Oxygen Family and offer you instructional opportunities, right after graduation!
click below to see registration;
O2 Vancouver Yoga Teacher Training Dates
Summer Full-Time Intensive – Steveston Oxygen Yoga & Fitness
July 4th – July 26th
2 weeks (Monday – Friday) and 2 full weekends (Saturday & Sunday)
Fall Full-Time– Kitsilano Oxygen Yoga & Fitness
September 14th – October 24th
Monday – Fridays; including 2 Saturdays
Fall Part-Time– Cloverdale Oxygen Yoga & Fitness
September 19th – January 24th
Saturdays & Sundays with holiday weekends and December off
VANCOUVER YOGA TEACHER TRAINING in BC.
All yoga teacher training schools that are registered with Yoga Alliance have to abide by a general outline of what to teach. So in all programs you should learn about the history and philosophy of yoga, anatomy, and asanas (postures). However, there are some elective hours and each school does vary depending on what they think is important.
In this training, you will learn:
- Proper alignment, benefits & potential risks of the foundational yoga postures
- Sanskrit names of the postures
- Anatomy and how it applies to each posture
- How to instruct a class into and out of a postures
- Hands on adjustments
- How to sequence a yoga class so that it is safe and effective
- How to observe bodies in postures
- Confidence though many hours of practice teaching
- The art of leading a class
- The history and philosophy of Yoga
- An introduction into subtle body, Chakras, Ayurveda and meditation
- An introduction into Mudras, Bandhas, and chants
- The business of Yoga
- Oxygen Yoga and Fitness class formatting
- A basic introduction to fitness so that you can teach Oxygen’s fusion classes
- Tools to teach effectively and safely
- CPR certification
Our program is unique because we really want you to teach with us upon graduation. Most programs in Vancouver ask you to go teach elsewhere to get experience and then come back and interview with them in a few years. At Oxygen, we want to support you to become the best instructor you can and that includes giving you the experience in teaching. Although we can not guarantee work once you graduate that is our goal. Thus, we spend a lot of time in the program practicing teaching and teaching you how to be an effective instructor.
Contact Christina Raskin, she’d love to answer your questions!